Animals love anise and spirits are drawn to it; Use anise in an offering for any canine or animal loving spirits.
Anise is high in estrogen and restores youth and beauty to women.
- Hang anise from your bedpost to restore lost youth.
- Use anise in dream pillows to keep away nightmares and ensure a good night’s sleep.
- Used in a potpourri will protect a room from evil spirits and intentions.
- It can be used in holy waters for blessing and exorcisms.
- It is said that the scent stirs up lust.
- Anise carried in a sachet will ward off the evil eye.
- Anise aids in divination and may be added to a ritual bath and/or burned while meditating or divining.
- Anise has been used as an offering to entice spirits to aid in magical operations.
Anise is easily identified by its black licorice scent.
Anise was sometimes used to put hunting dogs off the scent and ruin the hunt. If you are feeling “hounded” by anyone or anything spiritually, use anise to break the trail and escape.
Crush the seed and use in potpourri.
Roast the seed and use as a breath freshener.
Oil of anise is a natural insecticide.
Animals, on the other hand, seem to love it. It is said that the oil added to bait to catch fish, rats, mice, or anything else, will increase your chances. Dogs also like anise, and it is sometimes added to dog food.
Anise is helpful for all sorts of coughs and helps to relieve congestion. It is useful added to syrups and lozenges.
Tea can be made by steeping one teaspoon of the seeds in a cup of boiling water for ten minutes. Take up to one and a half cups per day. You can also make a tincture to keep on hand by using two ounces of seeds per ½ quart brandy and a pinch of lemon peel. Let sit two to three weeks. Take one teaspoon as needed.
Anise is high in estrogen content and can be used to stimulate the flow of breast milk. It is also used to ease the pains of childbirth. It may also help relieve the discomfort of menopause.
Anise seed is good for the digestive system and can be used to stimulate the appetite, aid in digestion, or relieve cramps, nausea, flatulence, or colic. A few seeds taken with water will cure hiccups.
Anise may increase the amount of iron that is absorbed into the body.